Intermittent fasting is an eating routine where you cycle between times of fasting and eating. There are lots of unique forms of intermittent fasting, like the 16/8 or 5:2 methods. Numerous studies reveal that it can have strong benefits for the human body and mind. Listed below are 14 evidence-based health advantages of intermittent fasting.
14. Intermittent Fasting Changes The Function of Cells, Genes and Hormones.
When you don’t eat for some time, several things occur in your body. By way of example, your body initiates important cellular repair processes and changes hormone levels to make stored body fat more accessible.
Listed below are some of the changes that occur in your body during fasting:
- Insulin levels: Blood levels of insulin drop significantly, which facilitates fat burning.
- Human growth hormone: The blood levels of growth hormone may increase as much as 5-fold. Higher levels of this hormone facilitate fat burning and muscle gain, and have numerous other advantages.
- Cellular repair: Your body induces important cellular repair processes, like removing waste material from cells.
- Gene expression: There are beneficial changes in several genes and molecules associated with longevity and protection against disease.
OPEN NEXT PAGE TO SEE MORE